Looking for your dream job?
Here are 15 signs to look for that will confirm you found the perfect job.
1. Lifestyle – Does it support a lifestyle you enjoy?
Make sure you live life at your pace doing the things you want to do.
2. Industry – Are you part of a community you care about?
The industry you are a part of will become your tribe and second family. Make sure you care about what it stands for.
3. Passion – Are you excited to wake up every day?
If you are having a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, that is not a good sign.
4. Expert – Do you love learning everything about it?
The only way to excel at what you do is by becoming an expert at your craft and in your field. If you are not seeing your career evolve and grow, it’s because you are not committed to being the best at it.
5. Talent – Does it accentuate your natural gift?
You have a natural talent and your life will feel so much better if your job tapped into those gifts.
6. Social – Do you love telling people what you do?
If you go out into social environments and have a hard time telling people what you do, then find something until you do like telling people.
[bctt tweet=”If you don’t love telling people what you do, you haven’t found your dream job” via=”no”]
7. Payment – Does it feel strange being paid for it?
You deserve to be paid for what you do. But when you love what you do, that is a reward unto itself and therefore might feel strange when you are also given a check for it.
8. Talk – Can you talk about it endlessly without getting tired of it?
When you are passionate about what you do, you can talk endlessly about it.
9. Challenge – Does it challenge you enough so that you grow as a person?
You need challenge in your life and your job needs to push you out of your comfort zone. But remember, there is a difference between challenge and struggle.
10. Fear – Are you afraid to fail?
When you really care about what you are doing, you will be afraid to fail. When you don’t care you become complacent.
11. Appreciated – Are you acknowledged for the work you do?
We all need to feel appreciated and acknowledged for what we do. Its a form of sustenance that our psyche needs to survive. Without it, you will become miserable.
12. Fulfilled – Do you go to sleep at night feeling good about your day?
Most people need to eat sweets at night to feel good about their day. But when you love what you do, you’ll feel Full-filled.
13. Fun – Are you having fun at work?
You are going to spend half your life at work. Shouldn’t it be fun?
14. Positive Difference – Are you making a positive difference in the world?
We all need to feel good about what we are doing. Knowing that what we do makes a difference in some way will play a big part in not living life with regrets.
15. Worry Free – Do you no longer worry about stability and financial security?
When you are living your passion and dialed into your authentic career, you will no longer have to worry about your finances and having stability.