Inspirational Motivational Quotes
Here is a list of the best inspirational & motivational quotes, words, phrases, lines & sayings that will help you stay positive, boost your confidence, & uplift your spirit so you can believe in yourself to overcome obstacles, never give up, keep pushing forward, achieve your goals, & become successful.
How would you like to read these quotes?
Or…tap here so you can browse our entire directory of inspirational and motivational quotes broken down by category such as Entrepreneur Quotes, Success Quotes, Student Quotes, Athlete Quotes, Struggle Quotes, Start the Day Quotes, Fitness Quotes, Wight Loss Quotes, Happy Quotes, Goals Quotes, & more!
Image & Picture Quotes
Want more quotes?
Best Inspirational & Motivational Quotes
1. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
2. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
3. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
4. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. – Nelson Mandela
5. If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done. – Thomas Jefferson
6. It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up. – Vince Lombardi
7. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. — Dale Carnegie
8. Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. – Newt Gingrich
9. Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Francis of Assisi
10. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. – Mahatma Gandhi
11. Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be. – Zig Ziglar
12. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams – Franklin D. Roosevelt
13. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. ― Paulo Coelho
14. Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. ― Napoleon Hill
15. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events. – Joel Osteen
17. Your true success in life begins only when you make the commitment to become excellent at what you do. — Brian Tracy
18. Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. ― Roy T. Bennett
19. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. – Helen Keller
20. Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart. ― Roy T. Bennett
21. Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself. – P. T. Barnum
22. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. – Henry David Thoreau
23. Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. – C.S. Lewis
24. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. — Stephen Covey
25. If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want. – Zig Ziglar
26. In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision. — Dalai Lama
27. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
28. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. – Charles R. Swindoll
29. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. ― Robert F. Kennedy
30. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. — Dalai Lama
31. Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can. – Unknown
32. Staying positive does not mean that things will turn out okay. Rather it is knowing that you will be okay no matter how things turn out. – Unknown
33. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t. – Rikki Rogers
34. The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
35. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
36. When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal, you do not change your decision to get there. – Zig Ziglar
37. You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands – your own. – Mark Victor Hansen
38. You have to risk going too far to discover just how far you can really go. – Jim Rohn
39. Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change. – Unknown
40. A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. – George Bernard Shaw
41. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. – Joshua Marine
42. Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better. ― Jim Rohn
43. Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed. – Bob Riley
44. If you can tune into your purpose and really align with it, setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose, then life flows much more easily. ― Jack Canfield
45. If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you. – Les Brown
46. Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now. – Denis Waitley
47. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. — Confucius
48. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
49. The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do. – Swati Sharma
50. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
51. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les Brown
52. You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life; at some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move. – Eric Thomas
53. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
54. Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too. – Unknown
55. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. — Theodore Roosevelt
56. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. — George Addair
57. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. – Jim Rohn
58. I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. – Florence Nightingale
59. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
60. Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. — Jamie Paolinetti
61. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. — Vince Lombardi
62. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
63. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain
64. Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome. – Unknown
65. Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going. – Chantal Sutherland
66. Free yourself from your past mistakes, by forgiving yourself for what you have done or went through. Every day is another chance to start over. – Unknown
67. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. – Maya Angelou
68. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. — Aristotle Onassis
69. It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs. – Jillian Michaels
70. No matter how hard times may get, always hold your head up and be strong; show them you’re not as weak as they think you are. – Unknown
71. Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them. – Jack Canfield
72. We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. – Barbara De Angelis
73. Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire – Jennifer Lee
74. Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. – W. Clement Stone
75. If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles. – Wayne Dyer
76. It is never too late to be what you might have been. – George Eliot
77. Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak. – Thomas Carlyle
78. The path to success is to take massive, determined actions. ― Tony Robbins
79. Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be. ― Charles Jones
80. When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. – Joe Namath
81. Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it. ― C. JoyBell C.
82. Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It can only come from you. – Ralph Harslon
83. Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life. ― Tony Robbins
84. You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it. – Charles Buxton
85. Don’t try to be perfect. Just try to be better than you were yesterday. – Unknown
86. If you take risks and face your fate with dignity, there is nothing you can do that makes you small; if you don’t take risks, there is nothing you can do that makes you grand, nothing. – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
87. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did. – Mark Twain
88. Setting goals is the first step into turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
89. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ― Oliver Goldsmith
90. Opportunities don’t happen. You create them. – Chris Grosser
91. It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. ― Leonardo da Vinci
92. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
93. The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. – Ayn Rand
94. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
Want more quotes?
Quotes Of The Day
Inspirational & Motivational Quotes About Life
1. It is less about becoming a better person, and more of being better, as a person. ― J.R. Rim
2. You can’t litter negativity everywhere and then wonder why you’ve got a trashy life. - Unknown
3. Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
4. When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it. – Jim Rohn
5. If you can see yourself as an artist, and you can see that your life is your own creation, then why not create the most beautiful story for yourself? ― Miguel Ruiz
6. Free yourself from your past mistakes, by forgiving yourself for what you have done or went through. Every day is another chance to start over. - Unknown
7. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. - Joshua Marine
8. In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. – Tony Robbins
9. I find it sad that too many do not understand themselves, or their potential. They don’t even take the time to get to know their unconsciousness. You can truly learn so much, by simply getting to know the “you” that is behind the reality of yourself. ― Lionel Suggs
10. By making yourself a life-long learner you’ll keep discovering new and exciting things about yourself and others. ― Rachel Robins
11. Who you spend your time with will have a great impact on what kind of life you live. Spend time with the right people. – Joel Osteen
12. When change happens, you have a choice for how you are going to respond. You can either lose your composure and react impetuously or use the event or situation as a learning opportunity to shift your mindset and respond appropriately. Begin to notice your responses when changes occur and do your best to choose a breakthrough over a breakdown. ― Susan C. Young
13. If you chase anything in life chase the things that get you excited about living. Chase the things that give you hope, happiness and a glimpse of a better life. Chase the things that make you want to be a better person. Chase the things that inspire you to think, create and live joyfully. Chase the things that reinforce in your soul that you can make a difference. Chase the things that make you want to transform your heart from selfish to selfless. When you chase that kind of storm you are chasing rainbows. ― Shannon L. Alder
14. Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and enjoying it for everything that it is. – Mandy Hale
15. Experience is the teacher of all things. - Julius Caesar
Inspirational Quotes About Love
1. What you want exists. Don’t settle until you get it.
2. Be with someone who is proud to have you.
3. Love is when the other persons happiness is more important than your own.
4. You don't marry someone you can live with. You marry someone you can't live without.
5. The best love story is when you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.
6. Someday, someone might come into your life and love you the way you’ve always wanted.
7. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. – Dr Seuss
8. It takes a strong heart to love, but it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love after it’s been hurt.
9. The couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart, and come out even stronger.
10. Without respect, love is lost. Without caring, love is boring. Without honesty, love is unhappy. Without trust, love is unstable.
11. We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence. ― Cornel West
12. If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded. - Maya Angelou
13. Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary. - Oscar Wilde
14. The best kiss is the one that has been exchanged a thousand times between the eyes before it reaches the lips. Unknown
15. When you love someone, you love the person as they are, and not as you’d like them to be. Leo Tolstoy
Want more? See... Love Quotes
Or visit our directory
Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For Entrepreneurs
1. I'd rather hustle 24/7 than slave 9 to 5.
2. You never lose in business. You either win or learn.
3. The best way to predict the future is to create it. - Peter Drucker
4. It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. - Scott Belsky
5. As an entrepreneur, you never stop learning. - Daymond John
6. Success is what happens after you have survived your disappointments.
7. Chase the vision, not the money. The money will end up following you. - Tony Hsieh
8. We are never in lack of money. We lack people with dreams who can die for those dreams. – Jack Ma
9. When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. – Elon Musk
10. All things equal, people will do business with, and refer business to, people they know trust and like. – Bob Burg
11. From my very first day as an entrepreneur, I’ve felt the only mission worth pursuing in business is to make people’s lives better. - Richard Branson
12. It takes twenty years to build a reputation. And five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently. – Warren Buffet
13. Success in life comes when you simply refuse to give up, with goals so strong that obstacles, failure, and loss only act as motivation. - Unknown
14. Grind while they sleep. Learn while they party. Live like they dream. - Unknown
15. It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi
Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For Work
1. I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as ‘making a life’. ― Maya Angelou
2. Every job is a self portrait of a person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence. - Unknown
3. Don't be busy. Be productive. - Unknown
4. If the plan doesn't work, change the plan. But never the goal. - Unknown
5. Ability: is what you are capable of doing. Motivation: determines what you do. Attitude: determines how well you do it. - Unknown
6. To do great work is to love what you do. - Unknown
7. Work hard in silence. Let success make the noise. - Unknown
8. If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission. - Unknown
9. You will never always be motivated. You have to learn to be disciplined. - Unknown
10. Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny. - Unknown
11. Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion. - Unknown
12. Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be. – Zig Ziglar
13. The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers. - M. Scott Peck
14. Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for doing it. - Katherine Whitehorn
15. Whatever you are, be a good one. - Abraham Lincoln
Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For Athletes
1. It never gets easier. You just get better.
2. Look in the mirror. That’s your competition.
3. Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better. ― Jim Rohn
4. Confidence comes from discipline and training. – Robert Kiyosaki
5. Success is what comes after your stop making excuses. – Luis Galarza
6. Setting goals is the first step into turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
7. Results happen over time, not overnight. Work hard, stay consistent, and be patient.
8. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. ― Paulo Coelho
9. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
10. Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome. – Unknown
Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For Students
1. Starve your distractions. Feed your focus.
2. There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
3. Excuses will always be there for you. Opportunity won’t.
4. Maturity comes when you stop making excuses and start making changes.
5. Your life is a school. Everything that happens is teaching you something. Pay attention.
6. What you think of yourself is much more important than what people think of you.
7. The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.
8. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
9. Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. – Peter T. Mcintyre
10. We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. – Barbara De Angelis
11. Challenges and obstacles are a part of life. They make us stronger and build character. If life were easy it would be boring and you would never grow.
12. Your personal growth is the only thing that matters. You own and write your story; no one else does. Believe in the unique step up the mountain. ― Brittany Burgunder
13. Failure doesn't mean it's over. It means try with more experience.
14. Be a student as long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life. - Henry L. Doherty
15. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams - Franklin D. Roosevelt
Inspirational & Motivational Quotes Directory
Tips On Staying Motivated & Inspired
1. Embrace The Journey
Life is a long journey and all too often people get caught up in trying to attain something or get somewhere that they forget that the goal is the journey.
No matter where you are at in life right now, no matter where you are going, the whole point of the "end result" is the journey itself.
It's along this journey that you discover more of who you are.
It's during the process that you learn and grow as a person.
Life is going to be filled with many ups and downs so the best thing to do is buckle up and enjoy the ride.
2 Know What You Want
If you don't know what you want, then you don't know where you are going.
For you to be able to enjoy the journey, you do need a destination in mind so that your desire can pull you in that direction.
And sometimes the best way to know what you want, is by knowing what you don't want.
Never discount learning experiences where you discover that you don't like something. There is great value in this experience because now you know what you don't want.
If you have not done so already, write down five goals or things you would like to accomplish in the next five years.
3 Follow Your Excitement
The best way to figure out what you do want in life is by following your passion and excitement.
All too often this type of message gets lost in New Age rhetoric but it is actually a powerful tool if you strip away all of the "woowoo" from it and keep it this simple:
Every day, you will have many things to choose from. Choose the one that is the most exciting that you can take action on without expectation of what is to come from it and see where it leads you.
When you can no longer take it any further, move on to the next exciting thing.
Your excitement is like a compass needle pointing you in a specific direction that says, "Go this way."
So follow your passion and excitement and see where it leads you.
4. Keep A Positive Mind & Healthy Body
Life is filled with lots of negativity.
It will be your job to surround yourself with positive energy and people.
And, it will be your job to fill your body with the right foods that keep you feeling healthy and clean.
Your mind and a body is a vessel: what you put in is what you get out.
If you want to live a life filled with joy and passion, fill your mind and body with good things.
5. Practice Gratitude
If you don't take the time to stop and smell the roses, life can seem mundane (even though its not).
All too often, people get lost in their day-to-day activities and then life becomes boring or a drag.
Their are no boring situations, just bored minds.
If you stay in a state of gratitude and are thankful for each moment, then you will be in a state where you can attract better things in your life.
You are an antennae that is broadcasting and receiving energy.
Remain in a state of gratitude and you will attract that in your life.
Motivational Articles & Resources
- Motivation Techniques & Strategies
- What Is Motivation?
- How To Get Motivated
- Goal Setting
- What should I do with my life?
- How to find your passion
- How to find your life purpose
- What is the meaning of life?
- How to change your life
- Wikiquote on Motivation
- Wikiquote on Inspiration
- Inspiration by Wikipedia
- Motivation by Wikipedia
- Tony Robbins - What Motivates You
- Inspiration by Oprah
- NY Times - The Secret Effect Of Motivation
- Academic Tips - Inspirational Stories
- One Type Of Motivation May Be Key To Success
- Does Money Really Effect Motivation?
- 1 Image & Picture Quotes
- 2 Best Inspirational & Motivational Quotes
- 3 Quotes Of The Day
- 4 Inspirational Quotes To Start The Day
- 5 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes About Life
- 6 Inspirational Quotes About Love
- 7 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For Entrepreneurs
- 8 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For Work
- 9 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For Athletes
- 10 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For Students
- 11 Inspirational & Motivational Quotes Directory
- 12 Tips On Staying Motivated & Inspired
- 13 Motivational Articles & Resources