The Right Career Path?
[heading h=”h2″ font=””]Am I on the right career path?[/heading]
Dear Job Hunter,
There is nothing worse then waking up one day and feeling unfulfilled from your career because you have been on the wrong career path.
1. Lifestyle – Does it support a lifestyle you enjoy?
Make sure you live life at your pace doing the things that you want to do.
2. Industry – Are you part of a community you care about?
The industry you are a part of will become your tribe and second family. Make sure you care about what it stands for.
3. Passion – Are you excited to wake up every day?
If you’re having a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, that is not a good sign.
4. Expert – Do you love learning everything about it?
The only way to excel at what you do is by becoming an expert at your craft and in your field. If you are not seeing your career evolve and grow, it’s because you’re not committed to being the best at it.
5. Talent – Does it accentuate your natural gift?
You have a natural talent, and your life will feel so much better if your job taps into those gifts.
6. Social – Do you love telling people what you do?
If you go out into social environments and don’t like answering the question, “So, what do you do for a living?” that’s not good.
7. Payment – Does it feel strange being paid for it?
You deserve to be paid for what you do. But when you love what you do, it might feel a little bit like cheating when you are paid.
8. Talk – Can you talk about it endlessly without getting tired of it?
When you are passionate about what you do, you can talk endlessly about it.
9. Challenge – Does it challenge you enough so that you grow as a person?
You need challenge in your life and your job needs to push you out of your comfort zone. But remember, there is a difference between “challenge” and “struggle.”
10. Fear – Are you afraid to fail?
When you really care about what you’re doing, you will be afraid to fail. When you don’t care, you become complacent.
11. Appreciated – Are you acknowledged for the work you do?
We all need to feel appreciated and acknowledged for what we do. It’s a form of sustenance that our psyche needs to survive. Without it, you will become miserable.
12. Fulfilled – Do you go to sleep at night feeling good about your day?
Most people need to eat sweets at night to feel good about their day. But when you love what you do, you’ll feel Full-filled.
13. Fun – Are you having fun at work?
You are going to spend half your life at work. Shouldn’t it be fun?
14. Positive Difference – Are you making a positive difference in the world?
We all need to feel good about what we’re doing. Knowing that what you do makes a difference in some way will play a big part in not living life with regrets.
15. Worry Free – Do you no longer worry about stability and financial security?
When you’re living your passion and are dialed into your authentic career, you will no longer have to worry about your finances and having stability.
[heading h=”h2″ font=””]HOW DID YOU DO?[/heading]
Based upon these questions, how many times did you answer “Yes”?
A. If you answered “Yes” at least 12 out of the 15, then you are doing great.
B. If you answered “Yes” at least 9 out of the 15, you are doing okay but might want to take a look at where you can improve.
C. If you answered “Yes” less than 8 times, then it’s time you take an honest look at your career and make some changes.
[heading h=”h2″ font=””]ABOUT THE AUTHOR[/heading]
For over 20 years Sergio Diazgranados has turned his passion into a 6-figure career without a high school diploma, college degree, special training, and zero connections.
He has helped run multi-million dollar media and tech companies as the CEO, CMO, Publisher, and Sales Director where he has hired hundreds of employees. Because of his experience, he now helps job seekers build a career they love, increase their salary, and get more interviews and job offers.
To learn more about him…Go Here
[heading h=”h2″ font=””]RELATED TOPICS[/heading]