Need some help?
On this page you will discover:
- 32 affirmations for addiction
- Motivational quotes to inspire you
- Tips on creating a healthier lifestyle
Whether you are in alcoholic in recovery quitting drinking and seeking sobriety, a drug addict, quitting smoking, or any other type of addict, these positive affirmations and quotes will help change your life.
Table Of Contents
- I am in control of my choices.
- No substances have any control over me.
- My body and mind are at peace.
- Today is a beautiful day to be alive and healthy.
- I am thrilled to be addiction free naturally.
- Life fills me with joy and pleasure.
- I am excited to be alive in this moment.
- I enjoy the health benefits that I receive from being free of addictions.
- I value my own health and happiness and make excellent lifestyle choices.
- I enjoy making choices that support my own health and happiness.
- Each decision I make supports my desire to live a healthy and fulling life.
- I am delighted to be free of any and all previous addictions.
- I love and cherish myself and therefore make life-affirming healthy choices.
- The lifestyle choices I make are in alignment with my health and happiness.
- I cultivate tools and treasures to support my excellent health.
- 100% of my focus is on my health and happiness. I am addiction free naturally.
- Being addiction free comes naturally to me.
- I am grateful for each day that I am addiction free.
- I enjoy an addiction free lifestyle.
- My life is happy, healthy, and addiction free.
- Every day that I am addiction free my life gets better and better.
- I am psyched to say that I am addiction free, naturally.
- I am proud of myself for choosing to release the things in my life that no longer serve me.
- I am grateful that I know longer choose to participate in patterns that are harmful to my health and happiness.
- I am committed to remaining free of addictions.
- My life is filled with an abundance of excitement and joy.
- My life is naturally coming into balance now that I am addiction free.
- The longer I remain free of addiction the happier and healthier I become.
- I am grateful for the support I have in remaining free of addiction.
- Everyone is cheering for me to remain addiction free. I am grateful for the support.
- Today and everyday I choose my health and happiness over my previous addictions.
- I enjoy my life immensely now that I am free of addiction.
Check our our complete guide to positive affirmations.
Inspirational Quotes For Addiction
Good things come to those who believe. Better things come to those who are patient. The best things come to those who never give up.
Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. – Martin Luther King Jr.
Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end. ― Roy T. Bennett
Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone. Appreciate what still remains and look forward to what’s coming next.
I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult. I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking. – Og Mandino
You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands – your own. – Mark Victor Hansen
Take it day by day. Results don’t come overnight. Change doesn’t happen immediately. Keep working towards your goals.
Courage doesn’t happen when you have all the answers. It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life. ― Shannon L. Alder
Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it. ― C. JoyBell C.
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. Eleanor Roosevelt
A healthy lifestyle not only changes your body, it changes your mind, your attitude and your mood.
Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners. – William Shakespeare
Ask yourself: what is it, that if I believed it down to my core, would change everything? ― Kamal Ravikant
Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It can only come from you. – Ralph Harslon
Forgiving yourself, believing in yourself and choosing to love yourself are the best gifts one could receive. ― Brittany Burgunder
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin
No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you’ll find the positive side of things. – Demi Lovato
With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose. – Dr. Wayne W Dyer
Want more quotes?
See our complete guide to inspirational & motivational quotes.
Tips On Transforming Addiction
Whether you are addicted to alcohol, smoking, drugs, porn, sugar, or video games, here are four simple ideas you can use to breakthrough and transform it right now:
1. Forgive Yourself
No matter what, you must learn to love and forgive yourself.
The last thing you want to do is be judgemental or hard on yourself.
You must let go of your past and not bring it with you into the present or future.
Yes, you must be accountable.
Yes, you must learn from it.
But once you do those two things, let it go so that you can move forward in your life.
2. Discover Your Why
The next step in this process is to discover your “Why?”
Why did you first start the habit?
Why do you want to end it.
It is important to understand that no matter what your situation is, you will always choose the thing that you define as being more “pleasurable” and move away from what you define as being more “painful”.
So whatever your addiction may be, you have chosen to continue doing it because you define that as being more pleasurable than not doing it.
Most addictions stem from either:
A. Trying to suppress or escape painful emotions
B. Boredom (need for dopamine for pleasure)
Once you understand the “Why?”, then it is time to be honest with yourself, face it, and define that as being more painful.
If you are reading this right now it is because you are at a crossroads.
Your addiction has probably got the point where continuing to do it is starting to bring you more pain than pleasure.
That’s a good thing.
The key here is to now find something to replace it with something that is more pleasurable as you continue to define doing it as being very painful.
3. Understanding Habits
All addictions are just negative habits.
However, what many people do not realize is that a habit is something you do that you do not know you are doing.
Meaning, you are making the choice habitually on autopilot.
Once you know you are doing it, it is no longer a habit.
It’s a choice.
You must be 100% responsible for your choices and actions because you cannot change what you do not own.
This is very important so it will be repeated:
You cannot change what you do not own.
This is all about personal responsibility and owning your choices.
4. Follow Your Excitement
Many people who form negative habits that become addictions do so because they are bored with life.
To truly transform it, you must be in touch with what excites you about life.
People who have found and are living their passion rarely have addictions because life is filled with so much other pleasures from following their excitement.
Have you found your passion in life?
Are you doing what excites you most?
If not, read: What should I do with my life?
Note: If you really want to see a dramatic change in your life, make sure to read these addiction affirmations every day for the next 30 days straight.